Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Decoding Deepak Trailer: Deepak Chopra and Gotham Chopra

How do you know who you truly are? Can you ever? Or are there moments in life when you just need - after an unusual experience - to find out who you are again and again? And how is it to be the son of a famous religious guru? Gotham Chopra, the son of Deepak Chopra, wants to understand his father but everything seems to get down to seeking one's own identity. In an article in which he promotes his new film, Gotham writes:
"Through the years, very often directly or indirectly on account of who my father is, I've had the privilege of meeting many illustrious folks -- from presidents (Clinton before Obama) to prophets (His Holiness probably the most noted) to athletes, celebrities, billionaires and many more. I have more amazing anecdotes than I can count involving legendary icons like Michael JacksonMadonna, and many many more"
He might have gone unnoticed to the public eye for most of us - I have at least never heard of him before, but I thought that hearing Deepak ask the question: "Who am I" in this trailer, was making the whole thing interesting enough to write about it. I mean.. Shouldn't he know already? Isn't it what spiritual people should know? I can't though say that it is a dissapointment, it make everything so much interesting.


Popular Posts