Saturday, November 27, 2010

Selenite - "Stone of the Moon"

Buying my first stone ever, both because of it's beauty and because it is said to have a calming effect on it's surroundings, I want now to start writing about stones and crystals as well on this blog. I am interested to know if they really work. Being a non believer in stones, I can't say that any placebo effect will be present and interfere with my judgement.
Selenite is said to be a good friend to humans because it has the ability to calm down the nervous system, clear other crystals and stones from negative energy, and also, it is said that selenite can release blockages in the body's 7 chakras.
For those who meditate, selenite can help with the third eye and the crown chakra, opening up for higher consciousness. If you have a big selenite stone like mine, then, it is believed that you can have it as an ornament and at the same time making sure that your room is free of bad energies.
Selenite is named after the Greek Goddess of the Full Moon, Selene. The name selenite, is of course also of greek origin, meaning "stone of the moon".
Selenite can also be cleansed, but one should avoid water because this stone is water soluble. Other methods are recommended for cleansing this stone, for example with fire and sea salt.
When I first went to the stone store and saw this stone, I kept it in my both hands and i felt a strong calming effect. It was like something was happening, and decided to buy it. I only read about it's qualities later when I came home. This stone is regarded as one of the most powerful.

For more information, please visit this link, where you can read about the many uses of selenite.

Popular Posts